An update from our practice on COVID-19
To help prevent the spread of novel coronavirus, and continue servicing all clients, we’ve compiled some online resources to help us navigate the next few weeks. Please check back regularly, and watch your email for updates from our team.
To our valued clients
At Nature Coast Animal Wellness & Surgical Center, the health and safety of our patients, our clients, our team members and our community are our top priorities. Based on recent recommendations of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) regarding transmission of COVID-19 effective immediately, we have decided to limit our interaction with our clients to curbside service. We will continue to operate our regular office hours but we are making the following changes in order to protect the safety of our team and other clients. These changes will remain in place until further notice and recommendation from the CDC and the AVMA.
***We ask that any client showing signs of illness that can be associated with COVID-19 to please remain at home. If your pet needs to be seen, please have a healthy family member or friend bring your pet.***
Our new protocol is as follows:
- We are requesting that pet owners do not enter the building, in order to maintain the recommended 6-foot separation/distances recommended by the CDC.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you should call the office (352-515-6776) to alert our team that you have arrived and what type of vehicle you are in. Please remain in your vehicle and our staff will come to you to bring your pet in for his/her appointment One of our technicians will get a brief history so our doctor can evaluate and treat the patient. It would be helpful if you write down any specific concerns/issues for the doctor or additional services you would like us to perform prior to your appointment.
- We ask that you remain on-site in your vehicle during your pets’ appointment so that you are immediately available should we have any questions and in order to return your pet to you as quickly as possible. If any additional information is needed prior to performing our diagnostics, or any additional tests are needed beyond the examination, a team member or doctor will contact you via phone.
- Once your pet has been fully evaluated, the technician or doctor will contact you – via phone, to go over our findings, recommendations and answer any questions you may have. Your call will then be transferred to our client service representative that will collect payment over the phone.
- Your receipt and any client education materials along with any medications dispensed will be brought out to you with your pet when the examination, diagnostics and treatment are complete.
- If your pet requires urgent care or has a medical emergency, we will make appropriate arrangements for you and your pet in the hospital.
- If you are a new client coming in for a consultation/second opinion or surgery, we will make special arrangements for you and your pet.
- PRESCRIPTIONS/FOOD: Please call ahead for food or medications refills. Due to the changes in our workload, please allow us 1 to 2 days advance notice. If you are at the hospital to pick up food or medication, please remain in your car and call the office. We will take your payment over the phone and deliver your order to your car as quickly as possible.
- Home Delivery: Pet food and medications, including prescription medications can be ordered through our online pharmacy. Just visit our website at http://naturecoastanimalwellness.com or find our online store on our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/ncawsc. If you need assistance, please call the office and one of our technicians can help you.
We will continue to strive to offer the same great service while minimizing risk for all parties at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any changes.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and please let us know if you have any questions.
Stay safe and healthy.
Dr. Stocker and all of us at Nature Coast Animal Wellness